Structural Engineering Technician 2 - Designer/Drafter - Houston, Orlando, Raleigh
Structural Engineering Technician 2 - Designer/Drafter - Houston, Orlando, RaleighBlack & Veatch Corporation
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 63571
Job Title : Structural Engineering Technician 2 - Designer/Drafter - Houston, Orlando, Raleigh
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Who We Are...
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned engineering, procurement, consulting and construction company with a 100-year legacy of innovations in sustainable infrastructure. We go beyond the project. We break down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life’s critical resources accessible to all. Our work empowers our clients with the knowledge, ownership and confidence they need to make meaningful differences. Black & Veatch's Global Power Business conventional, renewable, sustainable, reliable and integrated power solutions to customers. We are an organization of highly skilled professionals delivering data-driven and strategic planning, consulting, engineering, construction, program management and combined EPC solutions. We are dedicated to innovation and staying up to date with technology advancements and have a desire to help our clients navigate changing demands and regulatory compliance, while providing a cost-effective competitive advantage.
Black & Veatch’s Power division is one of the largest and most geographically diverse groups in the industry, serving electric power transmission and distribution clients worldwide. Black & Veatch provides complete engineering, procurement, and construction new asset and operating asset services in the following areas:
- Overhead Transmission Lines
- Underground Transmission Lines
- Renewables Integration
Black & Veatch is looking for a dedicated team of professionals to support the project management, project controls, procurement management, engineering, and construction oversight for multiple greenfield and brownfield projects for transmission lines, high voltage substations and distribution projects in Puerto Rico. Although not indispensable for the roles, Professionals Engineers licensed in Puerto Rico, and professionals fluent in both English and Spanish are encouraged to apply. The projects will be executed by teams working in the USA and physically on site in Puerto Rico. We are looking for candidates for both locations.
Your Key Responsibilities…
In this role you will function in an entry - level engineering technician capacity. Under close supervision, you will utilize knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Microstation, to perform basic drafting functions. Requiring technical knowledge, utilizing electronic applications, processes, standards and document control processes/procedures to create and modify deliverables. You will evaluate methods used to accomplish the drafting activities.
- Continues to learn and apply standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes and Black and Veatch policies and procedures.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant by continually developing knowledge of the Black and Veatch Quality Program.
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Expands knowledge of the applications required to modify and develop less complex design deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May assist with minor computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks.
- May assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes.
- Diploma or Certificate preferred
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred
- A minimum of 1-year related work experience
Preferred Non-Technical Skills:
- Eager to learn
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills.
- Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and Black and Veatch policies and procedures.
- Basic industry knowledge, technology trends, knowledge of company quality program.
- Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following:
- Criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Typical office environment: extensive sitting, keyboarding and telephone usage. Limited lifting/carrying of files and boxes.
Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our accommodations request form. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here and here.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.