Planning Designer - Land Development
Planning Designer - Land DevelopmentLJA Engineering
Houston, TX 77042
Title: Planning Designer
Division: Planning and Landscape Architecture
Summary: LJA is an employee owned company, and our people carry pride into their projects and their workplaces. We have talented employees across the nation, and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join the LJA team. With 40 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future. We offer great benefits and are 100% employee owned.
We currently have an opening on the Planning team as a Planning Designer.
- Supporting Senior Planning staff in all facets of projects including project management, concept development, production, and some client liaison and marketing.
- Duties include design of conceptual land use plans, residential lot layout design, site planning.
- Required design skills include the preparation of new community plans including detailed layout of residential lots, commercial, office, institutional, parks and open space and public land uses.
- Must be able to research, organize and write reports, and listen, facilitate, and speak effectively in front of groups.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or other design-related field required.
- Individual must be detail orientated, able to conduct research and express results.
- AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up and Microsoft Office Suite skills area required.
- Excellent computer graphic skills are required, and traditional “hand” graphic ability is a plus.
- Must demonstrate experience in working within a team structure.
- Strong design skills, organizing information in written and drawn formats, knowledge, understanding and ability to work within the parameters of zoning codes and design guidelines along with ability to provide assessment for development locations is required.
- A minimum of 3-6 years of experience in planning preferably with community-based planning, from conceptual land use plans to residential lot layout design to site planning, but must also have diverse interests, intellectual curiosity and an interest in producing a range of innovative and creative products to meet client needs.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Sit for extended periods of time working on computer
- Driving to and from various outside meetings