Engineer I EIT - Transportation Design (June Start)
Engineer I EIT - Transportation Design (June Start)Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc.
Houston, TX 77042
Overview: Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country.
"We believe everything we do is for the enrichment of the human experience."
- Perform engineering and design for highways and streets based on government criteria. Utilizing microstation and geopak software to develop roadway plans. Coordinate traffic, utility and drainage design integration.
- Perform entry-level professional work including developmental assignments involving the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out routine engineering tasks under direct supervision.
- Conduct preliminary engineering evaluations and studies to identify design improvement alternatives, compare options, and assist in making design recommendations as it relates to Roadway Design.
- Assist in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, aerial photographs, perform site visits, and review survey data to plan and assemble construction documents.
- Perform plan preparation of portions of routine projects under the direction of project engineer or senior CADD technician.
- Assist in the preparation of quantity estimates.
- Prepare construction, topographic and boundary survey layouts.
- Be responsible for project quality on tasks assigned as defined in the Quality Assurance / Quality Control guidelines.
- Perform engineering and design for highways and streets based on government criteria. Utilizing micorstation and geopak software, develop roadway plan. Coordinate traffic, utility and drainage design integration.
- Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering (Masters is a plus)
- Engineer in Training (or successfully passed the FE Exam)
- Microstation experience is highly preferred
- Previous intern experience related to TxDOT projects highly preferred
- Open Roads experience is a plus
- A condition of employment for this position is complying with the company vaccination requirements.
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713-266-6900. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law
Location: 2925 Briarpark Drive,Suite 400, Houston, TX 77042
Job Type: Full-time