Interior Designer (Houston)Houston
VLK Architects is seeking a full-time Interior Designer in the Houston area for both corporate and educational (K-12 and Higher Ed) projects while working cooperatively and effectively with clients, design teams, Project Directors/Principals, and contractors. The candidate shall have a Bachelor’s degree from a CIDA accredited University and at least 4 years of experience on similar type projects. Individual will lead the design and production of construction drawings of corporate interiors projects, while also assisting project teams in developing design and technical solutions, and producing construction drawings on education projects. Individual will assist with construction administrative tasks on all types of projects.
Candidates will be required to work with a sense of urgency to achieve timely, quality results. A technical and analytical focus is desired, along with the ability to work within established systems, standards, and procedures. Decision-making by the candidate must be proactive and authoritative, based on knowledge and experience to minimize risk.
Presentations with clients expressing ideas and concepts on projects.
- Prepare schematic design documents, along with presentation materials.
- Prepare material palettes for various types of projects
- Assist in the preparation of design development documents
- Production of construction drawings.
- Coordination of consultant documents and drawings.
- Review of shop drawings, product data, and samples.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Master’s degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited University.
- Registered Architect or pursuing licensure
- Documented experience leading and mentoring project teams.
- 4‐10 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Revit.
- Knowledge of Adobe products, including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point)
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee frequently is required to sit or stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms
- The employee will occasionally climb ladders to review conditions at job site and occasionally lift up to 25 lbs
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in an Architecture firm and at least 3 years leading projects
- Experience in K-12, Higher Ed, and Commercial market sectors is preferred
- Proficiency with relevant software, including Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop & InDesign, Enscape, 3DS Max, Bluebeam, and MS Office
VLK Architects offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits such as generous medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid vacation and holidays, profit-sharing, and more. Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. VLK Architects is an equal opportunity employer.