Senior Designer (Structural)
Senior Designer (Structural)Principle Power
About Principle Power
Principle Power is a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market. The WindFloat®, the company’s globally and proven floating platform technology, enables offshore wind turbines to be sited in any water depth or seabed condition, unlocking offshore wind potential worldwide and allowing projects to harvest the best wind resources. Principle Power acts as a trusted partner to developers, independent power producers, utilities, and EPCs, supporting its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their projects. With 105 MW of cumulative capacity in operation or under advanced development and a multi-GW commercial pipeline globally, Principle Power is the market leader in floating offshore wind technology.
This position’s main responsibilities consist of performing the design and drafting of structures, piping and other systems on the WindFloat® platforms utilizing the 3D modeling software Solidworks. This role may be filled by an experienced designer who takes ownership of the design task or by an experienced engineer who enjoys working primarily on modeling and drafting. The chosen candidate will work within a team of inter-disciplinary engineers and designers.
- Developing 3D designs using Solidworks® and producing 2D drawings from solid models. Design tasks to focus on primary and secondary structures but to also include piping, electrical systems, and equipment.
- Resolving technical issues as necessary to complete designs.
- Reviewing the designs and drawings of others.
- Producing 2D mechanical and schematic drawings using AutoCAD®.
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline preferred but not required.
- Seniority – 7+ Years of Experience
- Expertise in 3D design required: 3+ years of Solidworks® experience preferred, but extensive experience with other tools may be considered. Structural design experience strongly preferred. Candidates with primary experience in AVEVA PDMS®/E3D® should demonstrate ability to work in Solidworks® or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of structural connections and fabrication methods.
- Experience working with large assemblies involving multiple designers.
- Strong understanding of GD&T principles and the proper use of welding symbols as applicable to structural design.
- Expertise in 2D drafting preferred. AutoCAD® experience preferred.
- Experience in the Naval Architectural / Offshore Engineering industry would be considered beneficial.
- Experience taking ownership of designs and working with various engineering disciplines, customers, and fabricators to develop complete designs.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-time zone environment would be beneficial.
- Be eligible to work in the required location
- English proficiency is mandatory both written and spoken. Additional language skills will be considered an advantage, particularly French, Portuguese, and Japanese.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Autonomous, systematic, and detail oriented.
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 21166762