Interior Designer II
Interior Designer IIPerkins+Will
Houston, TX 77002
Are you committed to design excellence?
Do you thrive in an environment of collaboration?
Do you have a passion for sustainability?
Do you show a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurship?
If yes, join us in changing the world through design!
As an Interior Designer II on the Perkins&Will team, you will:
- Meticulously support throughout the design process which may include design plans, construction contract documents, elevations and details, reflected ceiling plans, millwork design, furniture layouts, ergonomic dimensions, finish plans, color plans, cost analysis, engineering systems coordination, document checking, schematic design and schedules.
- Have a passion for developing presentations.
- Application of basic elements and principles of design including form, scale, color, texture, pattern, light, balance and proportion.
- Participate in site analysis, including survey of existing conditions and field measurements.
- Work alongside and understand the functional organization of the project team
- Keep organized and check your work for accuracy, omissions, and legibility
- Utilize your rock star technical skills in Revit and other design application software
- Work hard, play hard, and learn a lot along the way!
To join us as an Interior Designer II, you should have:
- Professional degree in Architecture, Design, or related discipline
- 4-6+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Revit, CAD, graphic design, and 3D modeling and visualization software
- Revit proficiency, strongly preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Ability to collaborate with team members and follow instructions
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
- Interest in completing your ARE or NCIDQ exams
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 6MB).
At Perkins&Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people + ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.
The safety of all employees is a priority during COVID and we presently require everyone to be fully vaccinated to enter our studio or attend in person client meetings or visit job sites. No waiver of requirement that the position advertised includes the capacity to be present in the studio is expressly or impliedly waived.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)