Civil Engineering CAD Designer
Civil Engineering CAD DesignerTranSystems Corporation
Houston, TX 77019
Overview: We are excited to share that TranSystems has been recognized as a top 100 design firm by Engineering News-Record in 2021. For more than 50 years, TranSystems has committed to a mission of performing engineering and architectural planning, design, and construction solution services in a manner that is both safe and in compliance with all applicable regulatory and client requirements. At TranSystems, we have established and continue to nurture a culture that is committed to providing quality services for our clients. We’re looking for top talent to grow with our firm.
What you'll be challenged to do: *
Entry-level position for a person with a basic operational understanding of computer graphics and drafting.
General Responsibilities: *
Develop concept design drawings from general descriptions, design criteria, and standards.
- Copies sketches, layouts, and drawings prepared by others on to CAD.
- Progress designs through various stages of plan development under the direction of a Senior Designer and/or Engineer.
- Will learn proficiency in operation of computer-aided drafting and design input station.
- Operate and troubleshoot drawing printing and plotting equipment.
- Assignments of increasing difficulty will be submitted as proficiency is increased.
- Understand and follow the company's standard CAD procedures for levels, line styles, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout.
- Individual is flexible and may work with numerous project teams to help in project completion.
- Maintain neat and orderly work area that will allow access to project information to other team members.
Qualifications: What you bring to our firm:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Seeks opportunities to develop the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Basic understanding of Engineering and Architectural Scales.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Task Management - Coordinates tasks; Communicates changes and progress to supervisor or Project Manager; Completes tasks on time and within budget.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks, and participating in professional organizations.
What we’d prefer for you to bring to our firm: *
Associates Degree in related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; AutoCAD or MicroStation; Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam required.
- This position may require some travel to offices and client sites within their respective area, using various modes of transportation including automobile and airline.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
Location: 2777 Allen Parkway,Suite 500, Houston, TX 77019
Job Type: Full-time