Field Maintenance Technician (Drilling Services) – Global Rotator
Field Maintenance Technician (Drilling Services) – Global RotatorBaker Hughes
Houston, TX 77073
Would you like the opportunity to collaborate on a wide range of technical products?
Do you enjoy creating innovative and strategic solutions to solve complex problems?
Join our cutting-edge Drilling Services Maintenance team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Our team maintains Directional Drilling and Formation Evaluation tools used in the drilling of oil wells. We ensure the quality and reliability of the tools delivered to our customers.
Partner with the best
As a Field Maintenance Technician, you will support the maintenance of tools used for our Drilling and Formation Evaluation services. You will be following specific procedures to assemble, inspect and test equipment and ensure quality and reliability. You will ensure your duties are carried out according to Baker Hughes and Health & Safety practices.
As a Field Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Rotator position; 210 days on duty with irregular hitch pattern
- Providing technical guidance for troubleshooting, testing, assembling, disassembling and performing visual inspections of electro-mechanical assemblies to ensure quality
- Scheduling maintenance of equipment, maintaining equipment records and filing systems as part of quality control and assurance programs
- Reviewing and implementing maintenance processes improvements to enhance quality, reliability, turnaround times and minimize costs
- Providing supervision, mentorship and leadership to technicians in the absence of the supervisor/manager
- Providing leadership for health, safety and compliance throughout maintenance activities to mitigate risks to people, equipment and environment
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a technical diploma with expertise in maintenance related duties in electrical assemblies’ function (airline, military, oilfield, electronic)
- 3+ years of experience acting as a technical trainer in drilling systems
- Have the capability to read and interpret technical documentation, such as schematics, diagrams, and sectional drawings, etc
- Be able to speak basic English with good oral and written communication skills
As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- This role is a shift based working pattern. Please talk to us about the specific working patterns available when you apply.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.