Civil Tower Technician
Civil Tower TechnicianBT GROUP HOLDINGS INC
Houston, TX 77095
Responsible for completing on-site field work activities associated with each field service project.
Essential Functions (Key Responsibilities):
1. Preparation – Prepare equipment and materials for each project so the job can be completed properly, safely and efficiently.
2. Field Work – Perform field work in accordance with client work orders and construction drawings, that includes but not limited to layout and installation of tower site civil, utility, and foundations.
3. Documentation – Record information associated with each work activity and report information after completing field work on the site.
4. Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.. Requirements:
- Physical Ability – Ability to work in the field in hot and cold environments while competently working around heavy equipment and installing civil and foundation requirements of new tower site. Physically capable of lifting and carrying 50 pounds of materials or tools.
- Communication Skills – Proven oral and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare and deliver concise, understandable reports and instructions
- Computer Skills – Proficiency in the use of personal computers, including spreadsheet and word processing programs
- Graduation from High School
- Experience as a civil tower technician or in a related position within the industry preferred but not required
- OSHA-10 Certification preferred but not required
- CPR/First Aid preferred but not required
- Competent Climber Certification preferred but not required
Special Job Dimensions:
Work requires extensive travel, is physically demanding and involves exposure to various weather elements.