Houston, TX 77095
Responsible for standard paint procedures, rework, and repair on all paint assignments.
- Clean surface of work piece in preparation for coating, using cleaning fluid, solvent, brushes, scraper, steam, sandpaper, or cloth.
- Apply coating, such as paint, using spray gun or brush.
- Read job order and inspect work pieces to determine work procedure and materials.
- Conceal blemishes in work piece, such as nicks and dents, using filler, such as putty.
- Drain or wipe work pieces to remove excess coating material or to facilitate setting of finish coat on work piece.
- Examine finished surface of work piece to verify conformance to specifications and retouches defective areas of surface.
- Select and mix ingredients to prepare coating substance according to specifications, using paddle or mechanical mixer.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment, using solvent, brushes, and rags.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and one to two years related experience
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Certificates & Licenses
Prior industrial/automotive paint experience required.
Shop environment. Shop environment may not be air conditioned.
The company had reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been
included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)