Field Tech - Houston
Field Tech - HoustonAlpha Testing Inc
Houston, TX 77040
Alpha Testing is looking for Field Technicians for our Houston location. This position is responsible for performing quality control tests and inspections for all aspects of construction on exciting projects from infrastructure to high-rises. We are committed to investing in our team members and will provide training and advancement opportunities through our career pathing and certification programs. This job is performed in the field at project sites, and can require long, physically demanding hours in all weather conditions. If you think you have what it takes to be an Alpha Testing Field Technician, we invite you to apply today!
Company Truck * Paid Training * Paid Certifications * Certification Bonuses
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tasks vary according to job assignments and may include testing of concrete, soils, masonry, asphalt, steel reinforcement, wood, fire-proofing, and structural steel. Other duties may be assigned. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
Adherence to all safety rules, requirements and practices
- Ability to carry/ lift/ push 50 - 70 lbs multiple times a day
- Collection of samples
- Perform quality assurance tests
- Preparation and submission of daily reports
- Interaction with clients, contractors and design professionals
- Driving to and from job sites
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Alpha Field Techs Must Have:
A valid Texas driver license and acceptable driving record
- 0 - 3 years of experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Effective communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to use company-provided laptop and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The desire to obtain role-specific accreditation(s) to advance your career
- Ethical mindset and integrity a must!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Alpha Testing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Alpha Testing is a geotechnical engineering firm in Texas providing full-service geotechnical, construction materials testing and inspection, and environmental services, and is recognized at the national level as the regional expert of choice. Just as we say the success of a project begins with selecting Alpha, Alpha’s continued growth and success begins with our team! After all, it’s taken our collective team to reach where we are today. If you feel your contributions would be instrumental as we continue to grow and thrive in our industry, we want to hear from you!
Some of the perks you’ll enjoy at Alpha Testing:
401(k) retirement savings plan with generous company match and profit sharing!
- Company issued truck, maintenance and fuel
- Working with amazing people in a family atmosphere
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Seven paid holidays per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (subsidized)
- Life and AD&D insurance (PAID by employer)
- Short Term Disability (PAID by employer)
- Work schedule flexibility