Project Engineer I- Water
Project Engineer I- WaterHR Green
Houston, TX 77042
Join our team! Our mission is BUILDING COMMUNITIES. IMPROVING LIVES. For 107 years, HR Green has done exactly that, serving as a trusted partner to our Colleagues, our clients, and our communities. Each day, we work to find solutions that inspire our employees and fit our clients' needs to build trust to exceed our clients' expectations. We're proud to be ranked No.188 on Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Design Firms list in 2021, jumping up the list by 16 positions from 2020’s ranking. In 2021, we have also been awarded as a Best Place to Work!
The Project Engineer acts as an authorized agent of the company and is responsible for delivering technically sound products that meet and exceed the needs of clients. Makes significant design decisions in cooperation with Project Managers on assigned projects, where applicable. May be responsible for assisting with marketing, business development, project management and client communication on a limited and assigned basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses professional judgment to independently complete engineering tasks within federal, state and local established criteria.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, assigns and manages tasks and schedules to Staff Engineer (I/II) and non-exempt project team members.
- Ensures the accuracy of completed tasks through the use of established HR Green QA/QC processes established for each project.
- Completes major design tasks that meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Monitors and pro-actively identifies or corrects technical, schedule or financial issues through effective communication with the Project Manager or other management staff.
- Assists the Client in bidding or contractor selection if authorized by the Project Manager.
- Monitors construction and supervises field personnel assigned to a task, data collection or a specific project.
- Responds to contractor questions and issues and prepares and issues project addenda as needed.
- Recommends and prepares change orders, if authorized by the Project Manager.
- May participate in preparation of engineering services proposals, including the calculation/estimation of time schedules and costs of the proposed work.
- Signs and seals engineering documents as an authorized representative of the company.
- Independently communicates on technical matters with the client.
Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering
- Professionally registered (P.E.) in one or more states in which HR Green, Inc.
- Conducts business (or have the ability to obtain such registration within six months of employment).
- Must have received authorization from the Sector Leader (based on the Team Leaders assessment and recommendation) to act as an authorized agent of the company to sign engineering documents.
- Must have 4 years of design/engineering experience. Must have advanced knowledge of office automation, CADD and engineering automation tools.
Certificates and Licenses
Must possess a valid state driver's license and must be able to drive a vehicle.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Must be capable of carrying up to 40 pounds of equipment over all types of terrain and in all types of weather conditions. Must be able to transverse on all types of project sites including industrial, commercial, and undeveloped ground.
Must be willing to travel on short- or long-term assignments at client locations to complete assigned work. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, bereavement leave, 401(k) with company matching, long term disability and short-term disability, and paid parental leave.
We also offer tuition reimbursement, professional license & registration reimbursement, professional development, employee assistance program and paid time off to volunteer.