Sr. Global Procurement Leader (Drilling Services) - Houston, TX / Remote
Sr. Global Procurement Leader (Drilling Services) - Houston, TX / RemoteBaker Hughes
Houston, TX 77073
Would you like to work for a forward thinking technology company?
Do you enjoy technical challenges?
Join our growing team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value.
As a Global Procurement Senior Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Manage execution on Placement and follow-up on POs. Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution. Manage problems and schedule changes.
- Develop and drive the sourcing strategy for the business that includes supplier rationalization and competitive alternatives, and supplier growth strategies.
- Understand and drive decisions around inventory impact to the business as it relates to suppliers and it's alignment to demand.
- Strategize and operationalize supplier risk mitigation pathways.
- Ability to take decisions which has direct impact on business results of the higher organizational unit by taking important decisions and/or implies advising business & functional leaders about their policies. Understanding of broader implications for the entire organization unit is necessary.
- Develops a clear vision on the supply chain strategy as it relates to supplier management / make- buy strategy of the business in close interaction with business senior leadership. Has the ability to lead the team in complex issues.
- Deliver very complex specialized professional work by single-layered or specialized professional work delivered by multi-layered regional or global teams.
- Handles complex professional work in the department. Cases are unique and sometimes without precedent. Employees are expected to develop new approaches. Expertise development is important.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college. Minimum of 8 additional years of Supply chain related experience.
- Masters degree in engineering, supply chain or business.
- Demostrated Resilience to navigate business cycles.
- Proven leadership to coach and mentor teams and people leaders.
- Proven Global leadership across cultures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00pm
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.