Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist - Houston, TX
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist - Houston, TXGSK
Houston, TX 77002
Posted Date: Jan 27 2022
Are you an experienced Sales Representative looking to be part of an innovative and dynamic organization?
GSK’s heritage spans more than 300 years, helping billions of people around the world. We are a science-led global healthcare company with a significant US footprint. We have three world leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative medicines, vaccines, and consumer healthcare products. Ranked #1 in Fortune magazine’s Change the World list for improving access to medicines. We are a company of more than 100,000 individuals, united by our mission and our four values of patient focus, integrity, respect for people, and transparency.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Provide Scientific Knowledge, Business Acumen, and Customer Engagement expertise to specialist customers in support of a GSK respiratory medicine.
- Maintain knowledge and data, which are constantly changing, with respect to severe asthma therapeutic expertise.
- Provide product educational programs/in-services to customers.
- Work within Compliance guidelines and GSK values at all times.
- Execute strategies and develop tactics to generate sales.
- Develop and implement tactics specific to each customer within an account (i.e., Primary Care Physicians, Allergists, Pulmonologists, nurses, PAs, business/office managers).
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Marketing, Payer Relations Managers, Medical (MSLs), and other functions within GSK.
- Effectively manage allocated resources (i.e., financial).
- Provide outstanding customer service by responding to our customers' requests, inquiries and needs.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ Years of B2B (Business-to-Business) Sales Experience
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel. The amount will depend on the specific territory size.
- Valid Driver’s License - Must be able to drive or operate a vehicle – driving is an essential function of this role.
The following characteristics would be a plus:
- 2+ years previous pharmaceutical sales experience
- Documented history of success within the pharmaceutical sales industry.
- Respiratory product experience is a major plus but not necessary.
- Familiarity with; Managed Care Plans, Insurance Formularies, Retail Pharmacies (understanding prescription processing, prior authorizations etc.)
- Strong and documented record of high performance and consistent results for previous 3+ years.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills required
- Demonstrated ability to identify unique sales opportunities and to perform tasks beyond designated responsibilities
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills
- Strong business planning skills and ability to multi-task.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigors and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.