Wellness Floor Attendant - Alief
Wellness Floor Attendant - AliefYMCA OF GREATER HOUSTON
Houston, TX 77083
Provides excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness, engagement and healthy living in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Promotes and incorporates the YMCA five core values and character development model in to all program activities.
- Assist members on the wellness floor and uphold safety standards.
- Monitors the wellness floor to ensure proper and safe use of the equipment. Responds to and reports accidents and incidents.
- Monitors the condition of the exercise equipment and reports any necessary repairs.
- Keeps the exercise equipment neat and orderly including cleaning the equipment.
- Responds to member questions or concerns.
- Builds effective relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA. Promote Personal Training and other programs offered.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Reports suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- Follows mandated abuse and incident reporting requirements.
- Meets timelines and deadlines related to supporting systems and employee compliance. Example includes but are not limited to Kronos Workforce Ready for review and approval of time sheets.
- Attends mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
YMCA Culture & Cause Expectations
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. As a cause driven leader you are expected to be:
Welcoming-Accept neighbors eagerly, warmly, hospitably, and as equal participants.
Nurturing-To care for, support, and help develop through encouragement.
Hopeful-Take an optimistic or positive view of future outcomes.
Determined-To devote full strength and concentrated attention to the cause.
Genuine–To be honest and open in relationships with others.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- At least 18 years of age.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training upon hire.Previous related work experience preferred.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
Ability to read, interpret, retain, and teach documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure/educational manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of ren, parents, staff, members of the YMCA, and/or others, as well as in one-on-one situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense, understanding, and sound mature judgment to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, including assisting with curriculum learning. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to be sensitive and alert to the needs, feelings, and safety of others. Ability to ensure ren’s safety and maintain YMCA and state standards and guidelines at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel objects, tools, and/or controls; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and taste and smell. The employee must frequently move and/or lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 100 pounds such as furniture, supplies, equipment, ren, etc. Possess adequate vision and hearing to safely monitor environment and ren.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. Nonsmoking and drug and alcohol free work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally loud. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles, toxic, or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, and/or blood. The employee regularly is exposed to bodily excretions of ren, depending on developmental level of ren in the employee’s care.
The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.