Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources GeneralistNational Oilwell Varco
Houston, TX 77041
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes.
- Manages complex and difficult HR Projects cross-functionally.
- Drive, influence, advise and support the cultural and people aspects of organizational change, structures, people processes and business improvement initiatives within the business area in order to improve business efficiency and people management allowing for flexibility and planned growth.
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implement changes necessary to cover risks within the BU.
- Uses professional insight to identify people related opportunities, priorities and potential risks with managers; provide meaningful people related KPI’s (or metrics) to managers;
- Proactively works in partnership with managers to ensure that the business is professionally resourced with the correct numbers, quality, competencies and types of workers needed to achieve current and future business objectives;
- Train, coach and guide managers in the development of business practices, working environment and culture to benefit the business;
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and State regulations, as well as all policies/procedures/guidelines established by NOV and the relevant BU guidelines.
- Manage the roll out and follow up of regular employee engagement initiatives for own area of the business;
- Assist managers in effectively identifying and developing talent, motivating and encouraging high performers, medium performers and where appropriate, removing poor performers;
- Plan, develop and facilitate required training activities (internally as well as externally), and perform evaluation (cost/benefit)
- Where appropriate, work in conjunction with OD to engage with managers to conduct a detailed training and learning needs analysis with their area in the short, medium and long term;
- Give accurate and appropriate advice (seeking appropriate specialist advice where necessary), training and support to managers to resolve Employee Relations issues such as grievances and disciplines (where appropriate take the lead in investigating and resolving Employee Relations issues in accordance with company policy);
- Monitor absenteeism and in conjunction with managers take pro-active action to ensure absence levels remain within company standards. Take required actions to prevent absenteeism;
- Where appropriate, work with OD to support a change ready culture by anticipating barriers and obstacles to change and working to remove them; take the lead in planning and implementing simple OD interventions and change programs to assist managers in achieving their business goals;
- Train, support and coach managers in adopting effective exit processes (e.g. redundancy) emphasizing legal parameters and the requirement to work within them and the stated values of the organization;
- With support from the team, train and coach leaders and managers in the company performance management process and in overall reward. Build manager capability in the areas of establishing measurable objectives, taking appropriate reward decisions and communicating the elements of the reward package clearly and simply;
- Promote feedback mechanisms for employees and managers to influence the continuous improvement of services and processes;
- Actively support a culture of continuous improvement within the HR department;
- Network with colleagues internally and communities of practice externally to understand current trends an innovation in HR good practice.
- Travel between sites will be involved, candidates must have own transport and valid driving license which will involve overnight stays.
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 21962124