Property Manager - On-Site Community Manager - Humble, Texas area
Property Manager - On-Site Community Manager - Humble, Texas areaSpectrumAM
If you are a positive and engaged professional who is passionate about great customer service and desires to work for a company that is stable, an innovator and provides a great work life balance. If you enjoy learning and problem-solving, are disciplined, organized, and an accountable team member, then this may be the right career move for you.
If you are a positive and engaged professional who is passionate about great customer service and desires to work for a company that is an innovator, and if you enjoy learning and problem-solving, are disciplined, organized, and an accountable team member, then this may be the right career move for you. If you agree, please take a few minutes to complete this traits survey prior to applying:
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE TRAITS SURVEY*
WHO IS SPECTRUM?
We are a dynamic and exciting team of great people with a mission to continuously provide excellent service to the communities we work with. In business since 2001, we manage hundreds of homeowner’s associations in Texas and Arizona. Our highly engaged culture drives who we are. We have been honored with the Best Places to Work award for 14 years running, showing we truly value our employees first! Our team enjoys an empowering work schedule, full benefits offering, generous PTO, a voice to make change, and opportunities to create good in your community.
WHAT IS A COMMUNITY MANAGER?
Put simply, the community manager position is the face of our organization! It is a very multi-faceted position, where you wear many hats. In a nutshell, you are a liaison between the HOA’s board of directors, homeowners, and vendors. You will be required to have the ultimate level of ownership in completing all tasks and projects, be a customer service champion, manage vendor relationships, and operate your community – all while having a positive attitude.
WHAT ARE THE DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES OF A COMMUNITY MANAGER?*
Although we like to say no day is the same, there are many things you will be responsible for on a regular basis as a Community Manager:
- Passionately live our Same Day Response Policy.
- Engage with board members and homeowners in your community.
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly tasks for your association.
- Assist with planning for association board meetings and annual meetings.
- Vendor relations, including the bidding and project management process.
- Consult with other departments in support of your community.
- Risk Management, Insurance, and Litigation Support.
- Assist in preparing budgets and manage the finances of the association. Financial Management
- Must be available for occasional after hour emergencies, 3 to 5 per year.
- Plus, additional tasks, as necessary.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A GREAT COMMUNITY MANAGER?
We know you don’t just want a job – you need a career you know you will be great at! Additionally, your goals need to match our culture a fit with our team. You must have a customer-centric positive attitude, take extreme ownership of tasks, be a team-player, coachable, highly organized, accountable, and a fantastic multi-tasker.
Prior HOA management experience is NOT required,* as we will coach and train you, but we highly value professional experience where you have found success solving similar problems you will face in this role. Many successful candidates have come from retail, restaurant, grocery, hospitality, project management, property management, or other challenging roles. We highly value initiative and the ability to work independently; If you work best under supervision, this role may not be right for you. This is a full-time position- not more than 40 hours a week from 8:00 am- 5:00 pm Monday-Friday located On-Site at one of the communities that we manage NORTH of Houston close to the Humble area.
Are you comfortable helping frustrated homeowners? In this role, you will need to de-escalate and resolve conflict issues with difficult or upset homeowners. Collaboration is key to solve problems. We offer training on how to effectively deal with these situations.
Are you comfortable occasionally attending evening meetings? This role works with volunteers, who usually cannot meet during work hours. We will adjust your schedule to compensate.
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED TO BE A COMMUNITY MANAGER?*
This sounds like a big job, but don't worry, we will teach you the ins and outs of running a successful HOA. There are a few things we wish for you to already have. A few of those things are:
- High-level organizational skills in fast paced environment
- Experience and knowledge of Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to catch on to other business computer systems
- Strong customer-friendly and informative communication skills
- Some experience and knowledge of financial statements and budgets
- Comfortable with public speaking in small and large meetings
- Ability to attend or run evening meetings (usually 12 per year, one per month).
- Great conflict management skills in sometimes stressful situations
- Experience with gathering bids for large projects and management of those projects.
WHAT IS THE TRAINING LIKE?*
Qualified candidates with the right experience, skills, and matching culture fit will be offered an amazing, interactive training program featuring:
- You will be assigned a Community Manager Mentor to help be your on-the-job guide.
- You will complete a unique in-house, web-based learning academy.
- You will be apprised of changes in the laws and other seasonal topics throughout the year.
Our vibrant culture is everything to us. We are only looking for professionals interested in joining and being part of a work family. The person next to you is highly important in how you measure your success. If someone asks for help you always volunteer just like they would do for you. We are all students and teachers on our teams.
What does it look like to be an employee at Spectrum Association Management?*
- 99% of employees believe in the company leadership and future success of the organization.
- 96% of employees are proud to work here and love their coworkers!
- 93% of employees have felt well supported by management through COVID-19.
SPECTRUM ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT HIGHLIGHTED BENEFITS*
We offer a comprehensive package that is more than just a paycheck
- Recognized as Best Places to Work 14 years in a row!
- Fastest Growing Company - Fast Track 50 in 2020.
- San Antonio-based homeowners’ association management company.
- Privately-owned with more than 20 years in business.
- Work / Life balance.
- 5 weeks of PTO to allow for rest, travel, family, and your hobbies.
- 40 paid hours per year for community service activities.
- Internal Learning and Development Management System.
- Full suite of benefits includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life/AD&D and a 401k program.
- Free medical clinic in-house (in San Antonio office – virtual appointments for other offices).
- Phone and mileage allowance
- Well-structured career track plan with a 6-month review.
- Starting Annual Salary $50,000.00
Office location: this role is on-Site at one of our larger communities in their business office. Location close to the Humble area.
- For additional information about us, visit our website at https://spectrumam.com/careers/.
Spectrum AM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year