Senior Safety Specialist - Electric
Senior Safety Specialist - ElectricCenterPoint Energy
Job Type- Full-time
Center Point Energy is looking for a Senior Safety Specialist to join our Safety Team, located in Houston, TX.
You will have the ability to: Assist in the implementation of the Company’s safety program. Assist in the identification, evaluation and establishment of programs and processes that will help identify hazards and mitigate corresponding risk to establish and maintain a safe workplace in compliance with applicable regulations and laws issued by state and federal agencies. Perform safety role to ensure that field employees are provided the knowledge and skill to work safely; to adhere to the applicable safety regulations and company procedures; and to use all tools, materials and equipment in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Benefits eligibility begins on your first day
- Flexible work schedule, paid holidays and paid time off
- Access to discounts at fitness clubs
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Promote proactive and preventive safety activities by observing, analyzing, encouraging safe work behaviors and correcting unsafe conditions.
- Provide safety technical support and coaching for leadership and employees.
- Act as subject matter expert on safety for electric utility and general industry work.
- Conduct regular safety reviews and inspections. Provide feedback to Corporate or Electric Operations management.
- Perform scheduled and ad hoc safety audits of employees, equipment and facilities.
- Interpret regulations (City, County, State, Federal) for applicability to work processes, facilities, equipment and materials to support company compliance.
- Compile, submit and maintain required documentation and reports to support compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Develop departmental policies, programs, and procedures.
- Conduct safety presentations and training to support compliance with safety regulations and the consistent application of safe behaviors by business support and field operations employees.
- Must demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company’s Ethics and Compliance Code, and other Company policies and procedures, and successfully complete all required training courses.
- Respond to emergency situations as needed to support the business and participates in incident investigations to determine root cause(s) and recommend corrective actions where appropriate.
- Support the Behavior-Based Safety process by conducting safety observations and assisting management with reporting and development of action plans to address unsafe conditions and work performance.
Your background includes:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Safety or related technical field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience required in electric utility, heavy industrial or energy field or related industry.
A bonus to have:
- Utility & Safety experience
- Microsoft Products
- Electric utility safety experience
- Safety certification preferred, but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Work Location: Multiple Locations