Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest
Houston, TX 77090
Job TypePRN, Per diem
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
What you will do in this role:
- The Speech Therapist assesses the specific needs of each patient, develops a plan of care, safely implements and modifies it as necessary in accordance with hospital and departmental policy, American Speech-Language Hearing Association, Code of Ethics and Texas State Rules and Regulations Association.
- Strong Assessment and evaluation skill sets
- Clinical competence in treating a variety of acute care clients-with swallow disorders or speech/language needs
- Electronic medical records documentation skills
- Masters in Speech and Language Pathology, CCC
What qualifications you will need:
- New Graduate: Texas Intern License in Speech Language Pathology (if Clinical Fellowship Supervising Therapist is available)
- License from Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support course (BLS or BCLS) and certification is required.
- One year experience with Dysphagia, Neurological and Geriatric patients.
- Texas Licensure as well as Certificate of Clinical Competence from ASHA.
- Requires excellent customer service, skill development in dysphagia, modified barium swallows and speech language cognitive skills.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.