Manager, University Talent Acquisition
Manager, University Talent AcquisitionKPMG
Houston, TX 77002
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Talent Acquisition to join our University Talent Acquisition organization.
- Serve as the Primary Recruiter for their designated office(s) and practice(s): Houston and Advisory - hiring fulltime and intern candidates to fulfill the hiring needs of the firm; occasionally attending on-campus events, interacting with and developing relationships with candidates, serving as the primary office / practice relationship contact, screening applicants, reviewing resumes for interview selection, managing the offer decision process, extending offers, maximizing offer acceptances; liaison to respective hiring leaders / managers in setting hiring strategy and executing strategy in their respective area
- Working with hiring managers and leaders, consult to determine hiring strategy for filling positions in designated office(s) and service line(s) utilizing a diverse candidate pool and communicate directly with stakeholders; responsible for driving the recruiting pipeline and reporting on results to local/functional leadership
- Closely collaborate with campus University Recruiters to help ensure appropriate participation at campus events; managing the post-offer engagement process which ensures partners and employees are interacting with candidates beyond the hosted events and the point of offer to maximize acceptances
- Oversee recruiting activities for designated office(s) and/or practice(s) such as interviews, leadership programs, internship program management, office visits, sell events, student group office visits and liaise with Talent Acquisition Solutions group, when applicable; develop and maintain a diversity / compliance plan for the office(s) and/or practice(s) designated; ensure strategies and hiring practices are in compliance with all EEO and KPMG TA policies
- Collaborate with other Primary Recruiters as necessary to oversee and execute a consistent strategy; Collaborate with other HR functions and resource management in designated office(s) and practice(s); manage hiring and expense budgets for designated office(s) and/or practice(s)
- Manage, coach, and develop university recruiting team members by serving as a PML, as appropriate; help with hiring of open University Talent Acquisition positions, train new recruiters
- Minimum four years of recent experience in campus recruiting or similar role; preferably within a professional services environment; previous supervisory experience a plus; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills with an ability to coordinate multiple projects and processes, in a high-impact environment; experience with ATS and CRM platforms, preferably Avature
- Excellent communication skills, professional maturity, analytical, time and project management, and presentation skills and the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external constituents, client service mindset
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions; experience planning, managing and executing large scale events
- Ability to think proactively, creatively and strategically
- Ability to travel and work overtime, as needed
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.