Houston, TX 77002
BakerHostetler has an excellent opportunity for a Trainer in the Firmwide (One Cleveland Center), Columbus, Cincinnati, Houston, or Atlanta office. This is an exempt position that is responsible for providing remote and in-person training, application documentation, curriculum design & job aid development, post-training assistance, and participation on software-related project teams. This position reports to the Training Manager and requires someone who can work independently and with minimal supervision beyond normal direction and operational review sessions. The Trainer will work with a variety of practice teams to promote user acceptance and enhance the users’ experience with the latest technology for workflow and document efficiency, so it also requires a broad understanding of the technologies normally associated with a large professional legal services environment.
Training is offered in-person via the classroom and virtually using a variety of remote communication technologies. This training curriculum includes all technology employed by the Firm's attorneys, staff and clients and includes sessions for users in varying levels of initial skill and ability such as new user training and partner coaching.
- Provide training to the organization in person as well as through a variety of virtual technologies.
- Maintain a level of proficiency necessary to conduct classes/workshops in use of Document Management System, Time Entry, Microsoft Office, including Office 365, DocXtools, Forms and Numbering, Acrobat, Best Authority, and any additional programs necessary to meet the current technology needs.
- Work with the Training Manager to develop training programs, curricula, and job aids for professional and support staff for all technology in use by the Firm.
- Work with the Training Manager to identify, develop, and perform process improvements to further leverage the Firm’s investment in technology.
- Champion an effective “User Advocate” program(s) that represents the needs and quality the user community demands.
- Collaborate with practice group and project team members to create new instructional programs reflective of the needs of legal personnel including the drafting of engaging educational materials, recording instruction videos, user guides, and weekly tips.
- Participate in project teams consisting of internal and external resources, including small to large size projects, effectively meet project milestones, deadlines, and target dates; work closely with project managers to understand defined and scheduled tasks. Provide any required updates for documentation, scripts, or videos in a timely manner to achieve the goals of the project team.
- Conduct continuous outreach to attorneys and staff to share critical information regarding best practices, training tips and techniques as well as to gather feedback to improve the training experience for users.
- Work on various concurrent high-paced projects that move at a pace driven by the clients' transaction and case-related events.
- Create, revise, and run application test scripts for monthly patches and product upgrades.
- Administration of the Firm’s Learning Management System, including maintenance of the course catalog, calendar, and attendance tracking.
- Assist with “How-to” training needs as assigned via the Help Desk ticketing system.
- Support standard procedures and system standards by which to optimize the Firm’s technology and to optimize the national IT staff that support the technology.
- Time and incident tracking are required on a timely basis.
- Continued professional development of technology and training skills.
- Other duties as requested and assigned.
- Associate Degree or a Certificate in Training and Development with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the IT field along with a minimum of five (5) years of training experience (a minimum of 2 years within a law firm); equivalent combination of education, training and experience may substitute for education requirement. Knowledge of a technology-related training tempo and content for a professional service (especially law firm) environment is highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of technologies that can be applied to firm operations and enhance working efficiency. Demonstrated ability to employ software at the power-user competence level. A demonstrated ability to creatively diagnose and solve complex problems involving software and end users. Develop, update, and perform testing of software applications, upgrades, security patches as deemed necessary, utilizing the Firm’s test matrices to ensure the usability of the Firm’s core PC applications suite.
- A strong ability to deploy innovative training techniques utilizing emerging technology to include web-based distance learning technologies. Ability to quickly adopt to environment changes as dictated by cloud technologies and react and prepare for user adoption.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of legal document preparation using a variety of legal-specific tools. Experience with a variety of virtual meeting applications such as Teams and Zoom. Thorough understanding and prior experience working with a document management system (NetDocs). Proven aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Strong technology project management experience involving a diverse and dynamic group of technical and legal personnel. Excellent organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines. A tolerance for uncertainty and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with little supervision and collaborate with other members of the team.
- Strong analytical and communication skills both oral and written. Ability to speak effectively and respond to common inquiries or complaints from all levels of clients and professional and support staff. Interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships and to exhibit a high degree of responsiveness, diplomacy, and professionalism in these interactions.
BakerHostetler is recognized as one of the leading law firms in the country. With nearly 1,000 attorneys across 17 offices coast to coast, BakerHostetler is a great place to work for those who seek professional and personal growth in a collaborative environment. We deliver the highest quality counsel to our clients, who include many of the nation’s largest and most well-known companies. BakerHostetler’s values have remained unchanged since our founding more than 100 years ago: dedication to the law, commitment to the highest standard of client service, continuous development of our people and active participation in the communities in which we work and live.
BakerHostetler offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit program. Specific information is provided during the interview process.
- Competitive Salaries
- Performance Bonus Program
- Generous Time Off
- Generous Retirement Program including 401(k) Plan
- Group Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- BHealthy Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Accident Insurance – Self and Family
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Pre-Tax Benefit Programs
Please visit https://www.bakerlaw.com/ for more information about our Firm.
Baker & Hostetler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location