Child Development Assistant - IDD
Child Development Assistant - IDDThe Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
Houston, TX 77074
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is looking for a Child Development Assistant to join our team . Provides Early Childhood Intervention Services. These services include Referral, Intake and Service Coordination to infants and toddlers birth to 3 years old and their families. Requires travel to ’s home or other community site and flexible working hours.
What you will do:
- Conducts telephone interviews to processes referrals and schedule initial evaluations and initial Individual Family Service Plans [IFSP]
- Participates in assessing development and ongoing progress in order to meet the needs of the and family
- Schedules and reviews IFSPs every 6 months and annually
- Provides Service Coordination to address and family needs
- Documents every contact and attempts to contact families electronically
- Submits electronic documentation according to agency policy
- Meets requirements to comply with ECI procedural safeguards and confidentiality Meets ECI and agency required training policie
What qualifications you will need:
- . High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience working with ren from birth to three  years old is preferred.
- The person must have well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills and be a team player with a desire to provide a high level of customer service.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and interact effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Cooperative and willing to assist others.
- Excellent organizational skills
What we have to offer:
The HARRIS CENTER offers competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plans with company matching, prior service credit towards generous PTO accrual, outstanding wellness programs and professional development.
Employees can also take advantage of business casual dress code, corporate discounts, and gym memberships. New hire referral bonus, discounts are also available on an optional basis. These include mobile phone service, fitness centers and other wellness amenities.
What else you should know:
This position will be located at 9401 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77074.
Requires travel to ’s home or other community site and flexible working hours.
Requires extensive travel, flexible hours.
Must have valid TX drivers license
The HARRIS CENTER is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The HARRIS CENTER provided care to over 79,000 people in fiscal year 2019 and has an annual budget of over $275 million.
As part of its mission to transform the lives of people with behavioral health and IDD needs in the third largest county in the United States, The HARRIS CENTER provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County. In addition, services are provided in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve what is one of the most diverse and multi-cultural communities in the nation.
By utilizing the unique expertise of its more than 2,300 employees, The HARRIS CENTER is committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
The HARRIS CENTER does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org