Digital Specialist - Wealth Management
Digital Specialist - Wealth ManagementWillis Johnson & Associates
Houston, TX 77057
US work authorization (Required)
Project management: 1 year (Preferred)
Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
Digital Platform Specialist – Wealth Management
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Digital Platform Specialist is primarily responsible for providing support and improving functionality for technology applications that help enable WJA’s business activities as well as help drive technology integrations by understanding the needs of various departments with a user advocacy mindset. The Digital Platform Specialist is also responsible for client operations and service support, using strong administrative skills and attention to detail to serve as “mission control” to the Wealth Management team members. This position offers opportunities for growth in the Client Operations track, the Investment Operations, or the Wealth Management track.
Why Willis Johnson & Associates?
Willis Johnson & Associates is a fast growing, award winning, wealth management firm specializing in corporate executives and professionals. We help our clients optimize everything in their personal financial lives from compensation and benefit strategy to tax mitigation, from retirement planning to investments. We also have an in-house CPA team to provide tax preparation for our clients. And with everything we recommend, we put our clients first—all the time, every time. No product sales. No commissions. Straight fee-only financial planning and asset management.
The same way we take care of our clients, we invest in our team. Aside from providing a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability/life insurance, 401(k), and PTO, we pride ourselves in supporting personal and professional growth. We encourage and incentivize continued education for all employees and support their participation in educational conferences and events. Work-life balance is a priority at WJA, so unless there is a required in-person meeting, WJA allows the flexibility for team members to work from home if they choose. WJA is also proud to be one of the Best Places to Work for Financial Advisors by Investment News multiple years in a row.
- Proactively identifies and communicates areas for process and functionality improvements as an end user advocate. The five main application platforms include:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Turnkey Asset Management Program (TAMP)
- Financial Planning Software
- Tax Planning Software
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Find opportunities for automation within the main application platforms
- Become subject-matter expert in training for the main application platforms
- Able to troubleshoot issues in a timely manner
- Provides detailed procedure documentation for best practices to use
- Maintains training content and user guides for both new & existing employees
- Create how-to videos and training materials for frequently asked questions on our LMS
- Identify gaps between expected usage & actual usage to enhance training content accordingly
- Establish a standard feedback/metrics report and provide to managers on each user the following:
- Action & workflow execution
- Communication standards
- Usable, useful & compelling
- Internal team & client experience delivery
- Conduct Virtual & In-Person Training
- Attends weekly Operations Team Meeting
- Coordinates the scope, timeline and resources for the successful implementation of key projects.
- Regularly reviews, audits & refines current operational processes and systems
- Lead small/medium/large projects
- Prepares and processes paperwork to open new investment accounts. Uses expertise to instruct advisors on best paperwork processes to establish clients’ targeted accounts
- Responds to service requests and processes related service paperwork
- Performs status checks throughout transfer processes, communicating status with team members
- Ensures all submitted paperwork is fully completed, accurate, and “in good order”
- Serves as Custodian liaison by coordinating all related questions and actions
- Debriefs client cases with advisors and coordinates trade instructions to Investment Team
- Prepares client summaries for client Financial Planning Review Meetings
- Records all client service tasks and notes in CRM to ensure all actions are processed timely and accurately, ensuring all steps are taken appropriately
- Bachelor’s Degree. All majors welcome.
- Entry level role; 1-3 internships or 1-2 years with IT, client service or operations experience at any technologically driven company.
- Demonstrates excellent database management, systems thinking and technical communication skills in a highly-collaborative team environment
- Detail-oriented with strong prioritization and project management skills to drive progress of firm projects; ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality of work
- Excellent technology skills a must, including MS Office (Excel), CRM and internal portal technology
- Highly adaptive and responsive to changing needs and deadlines
- Management Information Systems background
- Experience at an investment, financial planning, wealth management, banking or insurance firm
- Technology skills: Coding experience
- Experience with Redtail CRM and Salesforce Financial Cloud Services
- CRM Certifications, e.g. Salesforce Administrator certification
- Experience with ORION, eMoney and Hubspot
What We Offer
- Work/Life Balance. For Real
- Collaborative, Positive Teammates
- Advancement Opportunities
- Autonomy in Your Role
- Professional Development Options
- Rewarding Work That Matters
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: $55,000-$62,000/year
- Plus 5-15% discretionary performance bonus paid out bi-annually.
- 401(k) plan with opportunity to earn up to 7% the first year and 10% with tenure.
- Best and brightest leaders will have opportunities to buy into and become owners in the firm over time.
- 10 paid holidays and 15 PTO days to use at your discretion.
- Employer paid Health/Dental/Vision insurance premiums for individuals and families.
- Employer HSA contributions
- Employer paid Life and Long-Term Disability
To Apply – Because we are looking for an exception candidate to be the next member of our team, our entire advisory staff participates in the selection process. To apply, please submit both your resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $62,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77057: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Project management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location