JIB AccountantMagnolia Oil & Gas Operating LLC
Houston, TX 77046
The JIB Accountant is responsible for handling all functions related to the monthly JIB process for company properties, while ensuring compliance with proper oil and gas accounting procedures (COPAS).
- Generates joint interest billing (JIB) invoices for the company.
- Establishes and maintains cost allocations for all operated properties.
- Reconciles joint interest billing (JIB) and general ledger accounts.
- Establishes and maintains operated authority for expenditures (AFE’s) in Accounting system.
- Calculates and records drilling, producing and workover overhead for company operated properties.
- Maintains and monitors operated and non-operated payouts.
- Monitors Accounts Receivable aging and collections.
- Reviews material transfers within the company’s assets.
- Works closely with Operations for ongoing issues and attends appropriate asset team meetings on a regular basis.
- Processes monthly non-operated joint interest billing (JIB) invoices received by the company.
- Prepares journal entries as appropriate to reclass and/or record expenses.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business/Finance, required.
- 3+ years minimum experience in oil and gas joint interest operations accounting, required.
- Ability to accurately solve problems and exceptional proficiency in data management including spreadsheet proficiency (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex operational information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Proficiency in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Preferred knowledge of COPAS.
- Preferred working knowledge of Oracle EBS, EU and EnergyLink.
At Magnolia, our employees drive our strategy and our success. As a team, we engage, energize, and inspire each other to deliver top performance. We offer an exciting, results-focused workplace, highly competitive compensation and benefits, and a range of opportunities for career growth. Help us build a winning company that safeguards workers and the environment, enhances careers, strengthens local communities, and increases value for all stakeholders.
Magnolia Oil & Gas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Employment decisions are based on business need, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations which we operate. Magnolia Oil & Gas will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Notice to Third Party Agencies:
Please note that Magnolia Oil & Gas does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. Without a signed recruitment services agreement, Magnolia Oil & Gas won’t consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Magnolia Oil & Gas explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Magnolia Oil & Gas.