Property Tax Analyst
Property Tax AnalystCenterPoint Energy
CenterPoint Energy is looking for a Property Tax Analyst to join our Property Tax team, located in Houston, TX.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
Benefits eligibility begins on your first day
Metro and parking discounts
Flexible work schedule, paid holidays, and paid time off
Access to discounts at fitness clubs and an on-site wellness center at our headquarters in Houston
Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement
401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
As a Property Tax Analyst you will drive the business by assisting the company in complying with state and local property tax laws and maintaining property tax processes that maximize efficiency.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Play an active role in the preparation and submission of property tax returns, property tax payments, and overall property tax administration.
- Participate in a support role in property tax valuation reviews, tax protests or appeals, and assists in annual valuation negotiations and resolutions.
- Prepare various components of the monthly property tax accruals and quarterly tax account reconciliations and certain SOX process controls.
- Assist the Tax Manager/Director with research, planning, analyzing tax law, documenting positions, monitoring property tax law changes and assessing impact to company.
- Assist business units with property tax issues that may arise and assists management on special projects.
- Assist with the maintenance of property tax software system (PTMS).
Your background includes:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college. Area of concentration in business, accounting or finance preferred.
- At least three (3) years of property tax compliance and valuation experience in industry or consulting.
Job Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday