Accounting AnalystCenterPoint Energy
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
Learn more in the “About Us” section of our careers web site.
As the Accounting Analyst, you will provide professional accounting expertise to ensure that transactions of the Company’s operations are accurately recorded, analyzed, and reported in a timely, cost-effective manner in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and in compliance with regulatory, state and federal requirements. In addition, will develop reports to internal and external parties that are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Specifically, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Analyzes information, collects and cross-references supporting documentation to prepare/review accounting schedules, documents, reports and/or journal entries.
- Use analytical and spreadsheet skills to prepare analyses.
- Reconciles account activity and resolves discrepancies.
- Interprets and monitors corporate compliance with GAAP/Regulatory/State and Federal requirements.
- Ensures proper retention of records.
- Interfaces in a variety of forums to obtain or to provide financial/accounting information. Provides financial/statistical information (written or oral) as requested; prepares reports for internal and external auditors.
- Investigates and analyzes emerging accounting and regulatory issues and problems and provides appropriate recommendations; researches corporate policies and develops appropriate recommendations.
- Performs all aspects of work with high degree of effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy.
- Participates on and/or leads cross functional project teams involved in the design, development, testing and implementation of automated systems, reengineering of processes, or implementation of new requirements.
- Stays abreast of industry and business issues and understands and applies this knowledge in current activities.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Area: Accounting, finance or business related with at least thirty-six (36) hours of Accounting.
Preferred Experience, Education and Skills:
- Master’s degree preferred
- CPA preferred
Job Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday