Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable ClerkAvangard Innovative
Houston, TX 77024
JD Edwards: 1 year (Required)
Accounts payable: 3 years (Required)
Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
More than just a recycling company, Avangard Innovative is a premier sustainable solutions provider, headquartered in Houston, Texas, with branch offices and operating plants located around the world. As one of the largest recyclers in North America and Latin America, we offer full-service recycling solutions at all levels of the process. Avangard Innovative provides a complete line of equipment solutions to aid customers in the collection and management of their recyclable products and to generate the highest return of recycling revenue. We offer new, reconditioned and used balers, grinders, foam densifiers and more. Avangard Innovative works with all of our customers’ facilities to determine the best equipment needs in order to accomplish waste management goals. Our recycling equipment minimizes logistics cost for clients while reducing their overall carbon footprint.
It's not just a job. It is a career. Avangard Innovative is seeking people who share our desire to create solutions that benefit the environment through evolving technologies and lasting partnerships. Located in over 12 countries and with more than 20 processing plants and 1500 employees worldwide, there are many wide-ranging career opportunities available. We pride ourselves on promoting a truly diverse work environment.
Provides financial and administrative support by ensuring the company properly records the transactions for goods and services; by posting invoices and resolving discrepancies according to established policies and procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Fulfills primary accounts payable data entry function by accurately reviewing, coding and processing vendor invoices submitted via email or mail
- Posts vendor invoices by matching to purchase orders receipts or shipments into ERP software system
- Reviews and reconciles invoice discrepancies, and provides feedback to purchasing team regarding errors
- Tracks the timely posting of monthly overhead, general and administrative expenses
- Tracks and maintains vendor invoice lists pending to be matched against Purchase Order receipts, and follows up on statuses
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Maintains historical records by saving electronic documents according to company procedures
- Retrieves incoming mail to corporate office daily and distributes accordingly; opens, scans and processes any vendor invoice hard copies received
- Addresses and responds to vendor inquiries via phone or email, and communicates with vendors regarding issues
- Assists with other accounting projects as needed
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
Skills & Abilities
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred
- 1-3 years of accounts payable experience
- Proficiency with JDE, Oracle, MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Required)
- JD Edwards: 1 year (Required)
- Accounts payable: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location