Accounting CoordinatorA&B Environmental Services, Inc.
Houston, TX 77029
Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
Laboratory Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
Role and Responsibilities
Highly skilled, detail-oriented, individual who excels at multitasking. The Accounting Coordinator will act as a point of contact and support to the different parts of the Accounting Department including accounts payable, accounts receivable and other external parties such as vendors or clients. This individual will work very closely with the Accounting Manager assisting in the preparation of financial reports, taxes and resolving discrepancies.
The Accounting Coordinator’ role includes:
- Working with the Accounting Manager to compile, analyze and support the preparation of financial data.
- Make journal or ledger entries in Quick Books
- Support the preparation of weekly, monthly and yearly financial reports and budgets.
- Assist with tax preparation, payroll and identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Act as a point of contact between internal departments and accounting, serving as a liaison between accounting and external parties, including clients, and suppliers.
- Using bookkeeping software Quick Books and entering information into company files or databases, ensuring that all financial records are complete and accurate, especially the data displayed on Laboratory Enterprise Software, BTLIMS
- Ensuring the company bills are paid on time and Accounts Receivables are collected on time.
- Working with the Accounting Manager in the implementation and enforcement of financial and other internal controls.
- Staying current on the company, local, State and federal financial regulations and policies.
· Creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
· Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting
- High level of accountability, accuracy and efficiency
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization comfortably.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying priority at one time.
Bachelor’s or associate degree in Accounting, Business or related field
Two (2) to four (4) years of accounting experience of which one (1) or more years of experience in a laboratory testing organization is desired.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE SKILLS
Must be computer literate and experienced in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel). Proficient in the bookkeeping Quick Books software, Windows environment and use of Internet E-mail.
- Must be organized
- Must have good written and oral communication skill (English)
- Must manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Work will occur in an office environment and may have client site visits. The employee may be required to stand, walk or move to various locations around the office and visiting facilities outside the office environment. At the office, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
This position requires proof of United States citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
This position requires flexibility and adaptability. There will be tasks assigned that are outside of this job description from time to time.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
Selected candidates will be required to take a Drug Test prior to start working with company. Company will pay for drug test cost. If tested positive, Company will not submit a job offer to selected candidate.
Please note that this job description is not designed to be an exhaustive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Laboratory Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring InsightsHiring 1 for this role